Calwell Primary School is administered by a School Board whose membership comprises the Principal, two staff representatives, three parent representatives and a nominee of the Education and Training Directorate. Elected members usually serve for a two-year period.
The Board works closely with the school community, the staff and P&C Association. It has the responsibility to assist staff in meeting the needs of the community. The Board is required to meet four times per year.
The Board is the policy-making body of the school. Its major functions are to:
- Determine the educational policies at the school.
- Assess, from time to time, the needs of the school in relation to the provision of buildings and facilities, equipment and make recommendations to the Director General (of the Directorate of Education and Training) with respect to the meeting of those needs.
- Determine the purposes for which funds made available for the school are to be expended.
- Develop relationships between the school and the community and between the school and community organisations.
- Make recommendations to the Director General on matters relating to the school.
Responsibility for the implementation of policies established by the Board rests with the Principal.
2015 School Board Members:
- Megan Fox - Parent Representative - Board Chair
- Matthew Johns - Parent Representative Deputy Chair
- Marian Botha - Parent Representative
- Paul Henson - Community Representative
- Margaret Doykas - Staff Representative
- Stephanie Williams - Staff Representative
Annual School Board Report
School Review Report