What 'Community' means to us.
Calwell Primary School strives to create and maintain authentic relationships within our community. Everyone plays a role is the academic, social and emotional development of children, and we believe strongly that we ALL have a role to play in the ongoing growth of our students.
We strongly encourage all families to be involved in their child's learning. When involved in your child's learning you model the value of education and forge deeper relationships with your children and wider community.
How can I be involved?
We welcome you to participate in school events, nominate for an official position on the Board or P&C. We also understand that some families are too busy to commit on an ongoing basis. For those families we ask that you are simply 'present' in your child's learning. What do you need to do to be present in your child's learning?
- Allocate time at home to participate in reading with your child, this is very important,
- take an interest in homework and/or projects your child may be completing,
- make contact with your child's teacher on a regular basis to 'see how things are going',
- read the school newsletter and communique, noting upcoming school events and deadlines for permission notes, etc., and
- attend your child's learning journey and interviews with teachers.
"The village raises the child…"
(African proverb, the exact origin seems to be lost in time)